A Hilarious September Blast from the Past: Sanford and Son

September 17, 2012


I call this "September Sunrise" because what I'm about to discuss is just hilariously uplifting.

I'm talking about a classic, NBC comedy sitcom from the 1970s, Sanford and Son. The show follows father and son duo, the scheming and often ridiculous Fred Sanford, melodramatically played by Redd Foxx, and his son, Lamont, often called "dummy", portrayed by Demond Wilson. The duo have their own buy-and-sell junk/second-hand antique shop. I grew up, as many I'm sure, watching and laughing to this show. Lately, I've been catching up on a lot of the old episodes and laughing non-stop as a result.


As I watched this episode yesterday, and today, I seriously could not stop laughing. 
It's "Superflyer" Season 3, Episode 8.


So if you're really young, don't know or haven't heard or seen Sanford and Son, where have you been? You should watch a few episodes for a great laugh. If you're older, or just watch a lot of television, and know what I'm talking about, revive the laughter and joyfulness that will fill your dopamine sensors.

Red Foxx. Desmond Wilson. Sanford & Son. NBC Universal. 1972-1977.


Sanford and Son is one of the best sitcoms ever, excluding the dumb, traditionalist/misogynistic Grady character.  TV One replays Sanford and Son episodes along with other great 1970's sitcoms such as What's Happening!!, Gimme a Break, and The Jeffersons. Sanford and Son can also be seen on the Antenna TV channel.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.