Raw Vegan Persimmon-Date Ice Cream Pie

February 04, 2014

Lately, there have been a lot of raw vegan pies appearing on several of the vegan-raw vegan blogs I follow. So once I had finally obtained some good dates (could only get a few since quality dates are expensive) AND persimmons, I decided to make- something sweet especially since I had a really, really ripe hachiya persimmon that needed to be eaten. This single-serving pie is small, but it is super sweet.

Frozen version

INGREDIENTS

FILLING
1 or 2 Medjool Dates
1/2 Frozen Banana
1 Hachiya Persimmon, if you have the Fuyu persimmon use two

CRUST
3-4 Dates*
1 Slice Apple**
A pinch cinnamon
Coconut sugar, enough to roll the "crust-dough"

*I only had four dates left when I made this recipe, which is why the crust looks so faint. I recommend using anywhere from 3-6 dates and using a food processor or really good blender for the dates.
**I used only a little bit of apple since I was eating apple when I made it and thought it would be a good addition to the crust.  I suppose you could also use pecans, cashews, or some other nuts to make it more of a crust, the pie just won't be fat-free.



METHOD

FILLING
Blend persimmon, dates, and banana in blender- set aside.



CRUST
Blend or process dates, pieces of apple, and pinch of cinnamon until at crust-like, blended consistency.
- Then roll crust into ball and roll that ball in a bowl of coconut sugar to coat the outside. When coated, flatten the "dough" as shown in the two photos below:



 FREEZER
About 30+ minutes after letting in set in the freezer it should look like this








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.