Massive Flatbread Sub-like Spinach and Tomato Wraps

December 01, 2012


For a while, I've been re-thinking and re-evaluating my diet; wanting to alter it by adding more fruits and vegetables, while taking in less prepackaged and processed foods. So I figure the in-between is always a good idea: less processed foods and more raw, real, whole, clean foods. And that's what I've been doing.




So the first makeshift recipe to reflect the slight change is a "sub" wrap.

Ingredients I like to use for assembling
  • - Romaine lettuce
  • - Spinach leaves
  • - Tomato
  • - Avocado
  • - Sprouts (forgot)
  • - Hummus
  • - Spinach or tomato wrap/flatbread/pita bread/lettuce 
  • (I use a variety of either depending on what I have at the time)






This mixture assemblage of hummus, avocado, lettuce, and tomato just makes the wrap taste more like a clean, veggie-filled sub sandwich. By the end of it, I always want another one but I always end up feeling way too full to eat another.  That's the power of vegetables and substantial, whole foods.

I highly recommend trying this if you have not already.  It's super easy, don't have to cook anything, and after putting a few vegetables together, it's ready to eat.


Took a lot of snapshots and couldn't decide which ones I liked better, so that's why there's so many photos.









My recent favorite food-related catch phrase:  Snack it. Wrap it. Dip it. Eat it!
'Eat it' is the one I say all the time.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.