Passion Fruit Smoothie

December 03, 2013

It was the end of September when I first tasted a passion fruit (and made this smoothie I meant to post much earlier, back when passion fruits were still in season). The taste of passion fruit was something completely unexpected for me- it was this super strange mix of squishy-jelly-feeling blast of citrus and sour in this bright, exotic fruit. The taste was just too much for me but I had to eat it somehow, so my solution was a smoothie.

A passion fruit smoothie which would be great with a screening of Passion Play, a mixed-genre film that is also an unexpectedly and unconventionally nice mixture of strange and beautiful.

Took this photo with phone, looks soo much better than photos with Flip camera

Ingredients
  • Passion Fruit
  • Banana
  • Strawberry
  • Water
I do not remember the exact amounts for each ingredient, but it's a smoothie so fruits/water can be altered anyway you want.

This was a pretty interesting smoothie for the fact that I wasn't used to the taste of passion fruit. But it does come with many benefits. Passion fruit is apparently great for skin and hair as it is rich in beta-carotenes and Vitamin A and is also a great source of Vitamin C. Although mostly known for its antioxidant properties, it is also rich in iron, Vitamin C, and of course fiber.


flip camera photos: 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.