Vegan Muffin-palooza Part two: Berry-filled Crumb Cake Muffins

November 23, 2013


Crumb-cake, Fruit-filled Fluffy Vegan Muffins 




This post was made prior to when I began high carbohydrate, low fat, raw-till four vegan diet--- I actually haven't really made these in a while since summertime. I've been wanting to find a good gluten-free flour and 'no-sodium' baking powder to make them again and see how it turns out. But these muffins are still vegan, a lot healthier than the regular non-vegan muffins, and delicious!

~

Muffin-palooza, not a real word but a compilation of various vegan muffin-related recipes I have tried since the amazing crumb cake muffins. From blueberry, raspberry, and peach filled muffins, along with carrot cake, which all taste great, during this past summer [2013], I tried making them all.

Some of these were made with coconut sugar, which has an interesting taste of its own. Coconut sugar is another refined-sugar alternative that has really spiked in popularity since it is believed to have nutrient properties that aren't present in other refined sugars, therefore making it a better alternative to over-processed sugars.





Ingredients

Muffin:
  • 11/2 cups - flour
  • 1/2 cup - raw turbinado/organic sugar/evaporated cane/coconut sugar*
  • 1-2 teas - baking powder*
  • 1/8 teas. - sea salt or just a pinch, 1/8 teas.
  • 1 cup - nondairy milk (I like coconut-almond milk)
  • 1/4 cup - banana (instead of oil)*
  • Fill ins:
  • Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries peaches, other berries/fruits that go well with/in muffins

*I used half coconut sugar and half evaporated cane juice
*I might have lowered the overall amount of baking powder due to sodium levels


Topping:
  • 1/4 cup - Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
  • 1/8 cup (2TBS) Flour
  • 1 TBS Melted Earth Balance*
  • 3/4 teas - Cinnamon**
 *I tried to use almond-coconut milk or banana instead of oil
*I would think that a small amount of flaxseed or Ener-G egg-replacer would work as well.


The only difference between all the other recipes and this one is the fact that I don't fold in the blueberries to make a usual blueberry muffin recipe. Instead, I put a small layer of batter on the bottom of the muffin pan and add in any fruits to fill it with and then add some more batter to the top.









Also, I started a new side-blog. I call it Ambrosia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.