Muffin-palooza Part One: Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins

November 16, 2013





Carrot Cake Muffins or
Carrot Muffin-Cakes
Before I started doing raw till 4 and incorporating aspects from the 80/10/10 philosophy into my own diet, I had made a lot of vegan muffins during the past summer, which was when I meant to post this.
At the time, I had been snacking on bunches and bunches of organic carrots so I figured to make a healthier vegan carrot cake or carrot cupcake dessert and I did. I always get organic carrots, they're sweeter, better for environment, and aren't excessively expensive.



Ingredients
  • 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cups raw/turbinado/coconut sugar
  • 1/2 tsp   baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp   baking soda
  • 1/2 and 1/8 teas - cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt (I did 1/16 tsp.)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup banana
  • 1/2-1 carrots or more
This makes 6 muffin-cakes since I halved the almost fat-free recipe from Happy Herbivore.
These muffin-cakes can also be topped with a coconut whipped cream.



I tried to put coconut cream on the muffins, but I was impatient it melted.. and then turned into a glaze.


 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.