Vegan Ravioli - Kite Hill Review

February 26, 2017





On my trip to Whole Foods yesterday, which is rare in general, I was aiming to pick up only few items that I had a coupon for or that were on sale. I was excited to find coupons for Kite Hill and Field Roast products, so I definitely put those coupons to work!


Oooooh Fancy!

I had been wanting vegan ravioli and had been wanting to try Kite Hill's version for some time and splurged all because of that coupon.  From the fancy packaging to the tasty content, I'd say the experience was worth it.





The pasta only takes few minutes and few kitchen supplies to make. I paired it with some marinara sauce, baby kale, and go veggie vegan parm (which I also had a coupon for). The result with and without the fixings, were amazing.

I have tried a different vegan ravioli before and it was awful.  Kite Hill, on the other hand, did an amazing job of recreating the classic American favorite!


 


+ Positives: Tastes better than the original. It is a hyperreal, veganized (healthier) experience of original ravioli. Even though it's not a health food, it doesn't contain the chemicals and unnaturally over-processed animal products that would usually be found in ravioli. It goes beyond the real thing and improves in quality, taste, and ingredient list.

- Negatives: The price tag is no joke! For the amount in comparison to the price, I (as many people who are not within the highest incomes brackets) would question their decision to get it. But I figure, it's a one-time try and I had that coupon so-


Overall, if you don't have a frugal mindset and want to try an improved and/or vegan version of ravioli, this is the product I recommend.

However, their yogurt is not a favorite, but I'll save the vegan yogurt talk for another post.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.