Earth Balance Vegan Cheddar Squares

August 11, 2015




The company known most for it's vegan butter products has expanded over the years to now offer other condiments, boxed meals, and snacks. Earth Balance's vegan-version of the popular cheese crackers has been out for a while, and I recently tried them. But of course, the box is now gone (eaten within a few days, oops).

I have been told that these squares are more like cheese-its than the actual cheese-its (and the person who said this is not vegan, who recently had the original snack). To me, they taste like the perfectly light and crisp combination of Ritz crackers and Cheddar cheese. That is the most accurate way for me to describe it.

Whenever I go to Kroger, I end up with more vegan junk food than I do at my Whole Foods...
Yet when I shop at Walmart, I get affordable organic fresh and frozen produce and very little vegan junk (even though Walmart now carries So Delicious Ice Cream). It's nice that healthier alternatives to junk are expanding. It may not be super healthy, but at least these alternatives are a lot better than the original junk that they emulate. They offer a start and an option to worse snack foods.

A lot of people ask and wonder why there are now so many vegan/healthier versions that try to emulate the taste and likeness of popular junk foods. The reason for that is because a lot of these vegan products have had to step it up due to criticism of not being similar enough to the actual non-vegan meat/dairy items. So for people trying out or transitioning to healthier eating or veganism, those products can be helpful as a temporary substitute to what they are or were used to.
-



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.