Cherry Kale Antioxidant Smoothie

August 02, 2015

The deliciousness...




It's summertime which is the perfect time to cool off, stay hydrated, and keep the vitals lifted especially with climate change, heatwaves and trying to keep the electricity bill low. So, here's a smoothie that is perfect for the summer and wellness.


~

Ingredients used in this smoothie:

  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup baby kale
  • 1.5 cups frozen mango
  • 1/2 cup organic frozen cherries
  • 3/4 cup org. frozen berries
  • 1-2 frozen bananas
Makes 4 cups.

Organic mango, cherries, berries, and baby kale. 

It's hot, chill out with this smoothie
With all of the sweet and tart flavors in this recipe, you won't even be able to taste the kale. The taste of baby kale is a bit sweeter and earthier rather than bitter when compared to the regular kale variety. Baby kale is also a lot softer which makes blending a lot easier.




~

On a television-related talk-show note, my favorite comedian Wanda Skyes was recently on the Ellen Show as she is promoting her stand-up tour, which I hope to see when she comes to Atlanta. Anyway, I came across this video of the two in what I could only wish would become a new show called "White & Black." Basically, if this were an actual show, I would definitely watch it.






Personal Update: It's difficult to get a real job so I've been applying for jobs and swagbucking for the summer. It feels good to get back to blogging, so I will be updating past posts and publishing drafts. I've really been wanting to increase the quality of this site for a long time, and I'm finially starting to do so. There are a lot of recipes, films/television shows, and social topics that have been building up over this year that I have been wanting to discuss, and will.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.