Healthier Vegan Coconut Butter Chocolate Chip Flaxseed Oat Cookies!

August 23, 2015


These cookies are great for a snack, after dinner sweets, morning energy boost (when you're low on fruit), etc. These cookies are sweet and loaded with nutrients. Last time I made these, I was able to take leftover cookies with me to class and they were the best snack for that needed morning or afternoon class energy (when I didn't have time to make smoothie to bring with).











I couldn't really find any vegan coconut butter cookie recipes so I halved and altered KP's "best vegan chocolate chip cookies" and made these with the addition of coconut butter.
Most vegan cookies use coconut oil, which is still good. However, I think using coconut butter is better as it comes with more nutients (a bit less fat) 2 Tbsp of coconut butter is 20 grams, while 1Tbsp of any oil is about 14-16 grams fat.

For this recipe I used

dry
1/2 cup flour + 1 to 2 Tbsp quick oats (or more flour)
1/8 tsp pink him sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 TBSP Flaxseed (can use more)
1/2 tsp sodium-free baking powder (I highly recommend Hain brand)

wet
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp organic raw/turbinado/coconut sugar
2 to 3 Tbsp coconut butter (how to make coconut butter)
3 to 4 Tbsp almond/coconut milk

mix dry and wet

then add:
1/2 tsp Bragg raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla

I use 1.5 to 2 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips (photographed chocolate chips are from Trader Joes).

Makes 9 cookies (measured with tablespoon).























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Films & Veganism. Powered by Blogger.